Pages

Saturday 16 March 2013

Day #7 - Back to Home



Before the drop off to Geneva we spent some time in a climbing museum full of history and different mountain ranges in the area. Also managed to post some postcards for family back in Estonia, hope they all received theirs. After a few hours of walking around the town and exploring local outdoor shops, it was time to leave to catch our plane.

As soon as we got to the airport, everything started to go wrong… Firstly our flight was delayed at least half an hour and once I got to the gate, they told there's no room on the plane. At first I looked at them and thought "What the hell are you talking about, of course there is room, let me show you…" but I just asked how is it possible, because my bag fits the required measures and I (UCB) have paid for the seat, so I should have a spot for my bag just like everyone else does. They just confirmed that my bag is fine, but they would have to put it in the hold. So they put a small paper on my bag and told me to leave it next to the plane. Of course I thought about ripping it off and still take it on the plane, but I just left it there and hoped for the best. After we landed in Birmingham and saw my rucksack, I became very sad… It was torn and ripped from sides and had car wheel marks over it. We walked straight to the baggage reporting desk and the lady started typing a report of my bag's condition. Then I asked if I should open the bag as well for just in case and surprise-surprise everything had been destroyed including my laptop, phone, external hard drive, thermos etc. It was a hard moment, but I told Richard "No assignments for me, right?"

Anyways, it has been over a month and half now since it happened. After long phone calls, loads of emails I have only managed to find out that EasyJet will not refund or replace my rucksack, although it was just a couple months old and in perfect condition. Their response was that they can't process it due to the value of the rucksack. Well yes, it was very expensive bag, but how come they say they can't process it because of the value? Very confusing… Now I'm just waiting for a response for the claim I made almost 3 weeks ago, which they have not responded to yet, although I have also sent two emails to get an update on the process…


Our last residential was definitely one of the greatest experiences I've had. It's just really sad how it all ended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment